XEO Framework (new version 1.3.1 available)
The XEO (eXtensible Enterprise Objects) Framework is an agile development framework designed to create enterprise web applications. XEO is built around Object Oriented concepts, Model Driven Development (MDD), Model View Controller (MVC) and Model Driven Architecture (MDA) and it's powered by Java. The XEO Community edition is released under the GPL v3 license.
With XEO, you model business entities (including their attributes and behavior) as XEO Models which are then processed by the framework's "Builder" to produce the application's supporting structures such as database tables (to persist data) and java classes (to provide object-relational mapping and behavior).
Once you've created the XEO Models you can generate XEO Web Viewers (based on the Model definition) to render instances of those models in web pages.
XEO Web Viewers come packed with the ability to list, edit, and search for specific instances and are directly tied to the XEO Models: You can update a XEO Model, "build" it and refresh the browser to see the changes reflected!
XEO: Technological Overview
- XEO is a Java-based framework (Java 6)
- Uses a Relational engine to persist data with support for DBMS such as MySQL (XEO Community and XEO Enterprise), SQL Server and Oracle (both only in XEO Enterprise)
- Is compatible with J2EE 1.4+
- Comes with its own Development Environment as an Eclipse Plugin (with support for JBoss and OC4J Application Servers)
XEO is released under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL v3)
to deliver desktop-like web interfaces.
- You want a framework that requires little learning
- You want a framework that helps you build applications that work on all platforms
- You want to create web-forms with validation without trouble
- You need a framework that helps you build faster and better but still allows you to use all the power of Java
- You want to model (and code) in an object-oriented style
- You want to change your model and see the result immediately
- You want to create multi-language applications